Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ghostly Encounter

As Mandy has mentioned earlier on, we were off somewhere for a short break during our MIA (Missing in Action). Nowhere fancy, just somewhere within Malaysia. Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves going around and taking loads of pictures. At one point, Mandy was mentioning that she heard from "someone" reliable that this year, 2010 we need to wear a "pak kwa" to enhance our luck. And coincidentally, during our trip, we saw a place selling these ancient Chinese jewelries and they happen to sell "pak kwa" as well. So, as naive as we were, we purchase 2 "pak kwa". One for Mandy and one for me.

First night back to the hotel, I could not sleep while Mandy was snoring her way to dreamland on the bed beside. By the time the trip was over, I was exhausted and my eyes resemble a panda as I have had sleepless nights throughout the trip. I thought I would sleep better once I am back to my own bed but unfortunately I still could not sleep. And by now, I starts to have this creepy feeling that there is something watching me. Well, I am not a very superstitious person but this is really freaking me out. I moved to Mandy's room after that and surprising manage to get some sleep. I did not told the actual story but just said that I was feeling scared after a horror movie to keep her at ease. So, for the week after that, I was sleeping in Mandy's room together with her. I never dared to be alone after that as I can always felt the present of something unnatural nearby causing me to have goosebumps.

After the week passed, I dared myself to go back to my own room as I thought it make no sense to continue sleeping in Mandy's room and paying the rental for 2 rooms. And so, that night, I packed my stuff and returned to my room. As expected, my eyes were wide open the whole night and I did not catch any sleep until daylight breaks in. Once I woke up after a short nap and about to go take a quick bath before heading for class, I realized my feet was in pain the moment I step down on the floor. I thought nothing of it and rushed of to get ready for class. By noon, my feet has swollen into an elephant fee (maybe a lil' exaggerating) but believe me, it become so swollen that I could hardly walk. Mandy quickly sent me to a Chinese doctor and my feet was wrapped up like a "bak chang" (Chinese Dumpling). That night, I slept with Mandy and told her the whole story.

Both of us agreed that all these happened soon after the purchased of our "pak kwa" and so the following morning, we immediately bring the "pak kwa" with us and threw into a river nearby our place.

Miraculously, the swelling of my feet reduced and fully recovered after a few days. I returned back to my room after spending a few more nights with Mandy and did manage to get my sleep back but with the lights on.

By now, everything is back to normal. I sleep soundly at night and manage to have some good dreams, too. Thank god for that!

12 comments:

George8724 said...

geez.... sounds creepy huh... a lesson for u and M. never simply buy ancient thingy le. consult some expert 1st lah... hehehehe...

luckily tat supernatural thingy didnt follow u eventhough u hv threw away tat pak kwa le....

Candy said...

Yeah...we learned our lessons well. Never have we thought such small lil' thing can cause so much of trouble. :S

Thanks for your concern, George! =D

George8724 said...

u r welcome C.

Mandy said...

Can, pls clarify: I didn't snore ok? Don't ruin my reputation >_<!!! talk about the 'batt gua' its really scary. thank god im too dumb to realize anything weird happening around me.. haha!

George8724 said...

M u r really terrible lah. weird thing was happening around y'all and u didnt even realize anything huh... luckily C sensed it.
M, it is ok to snore ok... hehehehehe

Mandy said...

I didn't snore T_T no.... I didn't !!! >_< NO!!!!

Candy said...

ok..ok..u did not snore. is me with my imagination. -_-!

Wuahaha.....

George8724 said...

wuahhahaha....

Mandy said...

Candy has her own imaginary world and she likes to imagine that I snore.. If u think i snore, oklah i do.. it's proven rite? she keep feeling got something watching her, wOoooo....

George8724 said...

aiya... M, ur snore is not too loud rite? hmmm... i cant imagine a girl snore le... must be very funny... hahahhahaha

Mandy said...

Yala, yala, very loudlah.. pandailah u.. -_-#

George8724 said...

just kidding only mah ....hehehehe...