Friday, March 26, 2010

1982 Lafite?


I have been a HK tv series mania since I was a kid because my grandma watch them when I was small. My mom used to rent TVB video tapes when I was in primary school, high school, until they start to sell vcds at the pasar malam and now we can easily download from the internet, haha..

I grew up with TVB and I basically learn Cantonese from TVB. At one time, I thought of living and working in HK but as I grew older I know that place is not for me. Hongkie is not as nice as how the TVB series portray them to be. They are still rude and kurang-ajar although they pretend to be SO civilized.

Back to TVB: It annoys me when I hear them speak English in ALL drama, especially:

1) Proposal - phou phou sou
2) Idea - ai tee ya
3) Party - phaa theee..
4) Lift - lip
5) 'Well...'


..and they really got on my nerves when they pronounce Twinkle as Chwing Khou! That's Tavia Yeung's name in the Cupid Stupid series.

Everybody and anybody in HK is a graduate from the University of Harvard, came back from the US, Canada, a successful businessman in the US (Wall Street) blabla... and when they work, they say Phou Phou Sou. When they made a mistake, they shout "Jesus" :-/ Hello, you worship the Big Buddha and you call Jesus. When they get married it's always the Church and when they pray, it must be Wong Tai Sin? LOL!

They used to mention Malaysia too but usually about drugs and death sentence. :-/ Recently, they learn about our Datuk-ship and in the dramas, every Malaysian is a Datuk and they are over dressed, super rich, can have 4 wives and easily own a few mountains of bird's nest and monopolized the Rubber Estate Industry, >_< Now that they found out Sabah is a nice place, they talk about Sabah in almost every tv series. Well, it's a good promo though :) Visit Malaysia!

Next is, The Wine in HK. Over the decate(s), Hongkies have been drinking the 1982 Lafite in almost EVERY tv series and I bet the whole world is running out of stock because they are all exported to HK. LOL!

They used to drink Lafite everytime they dine in Restaurants but recently they even drink the 1982 Lafite when having dinner AT HOME! I don't see them drinking plain water anymore. I doubt Lee Ka Shing would drink vintage wine everyday. Not that he cannot afford but he needs water too, okay? Huhuhu..

Sorry, for those who do not watch HK TVB series will not understand what I say but if you do... it's a tribute to Hongkie and TVB, hahahaha...

Psst! Bollywood movies also speaks 4/10 English, but they don't have so many phou phou sou to do at work-lah.. :-/



2 comments:

George8724 said...

hhahahah i agree wit u le.... in fact, last year i went to HK for a convention event le. during the convention, this speaker (hongkie) did make my head spinning around!!!... he mentioned "zeeeooo' and i was like "wtf is he talking about?! at last i cant stand it anymore and i asked him to repeat and he said the same farking thing again!!! this thing has been going on till 1 partner from thailand couldnt stand it anymore and asked him 'wat do u mean by zeeeooo'!!! and do u know wat? zeeooo means zero... MF!!! we were laughing at the speaker and we couldnt stop laughing le.... bloody hell why they cant say zero properly leh?! sigh....

Mandy said...

Eh, Malaysian also say "jilo" and I guess "zeeeooo" is slightly understandable than jilo-lah..
Boleh ka?