Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Spooky Month


I have been avoiding this topic for the whole month because one aunty from my office told me that this year's Hungry Ghost month is the most threatening one over the last 12 years. She further explained to me but due to my 'low B' in understanding the Chinese praying history, I didn't quite understand why. And since the spooky month is over, I would like to share my spooky experiences over the month of Hungry Ghost.

2 weeks ago I went into my college wash room alone. I heard a very peaceful, soft and long 'ting....' sound, it sounded like a wind chime. Funny, it only rang once. Maybe I was too tired or was it Aunty Pok's wind chime really got into my nerves and I'm bringing the chime sound everywhere with me.

A few days after that, I won a title 'Mandy the blind mice' when Candy caught me searching hi and low for a dress hanging right in front of me; I accused Candy for taking my car keys when I was holding them; and I keep losing things over the month. Well, not exactly lose them but I can't seem to find them eventhough they are just in front of me. "No more looking at the computer for 1 wk, I warned myself" or was I only comforting myself.

On the 15th day of the Hungry Ghost month, I saw at 3 accidents on my way from home to college, another 3 from college to office and 2 from office to home. That's the most accident's I ever saw in one day.

Recently, I often woke up in the middle of the night for no reason, my heart starts to beat so fast, feeling scared and alone. I cannot go sleep with Candy because she doesn't turn on the aircond.

Today, I signed in to work early because we're off for Raya Holidays. I entered the lift, pressed # 13 and start to think about number 13, 13 Ghost, Friday the 13th, Snow White and the 13 dwarfs, 13th month bonus and the sudden curiousity makes me realize that 13 was a not so lucky number, but why? I don't really know.

13 or not, I still have to work.

Later I went into the document room because I ned to photocpy 10 pages of document A and 10 copies of document B. I placed A on the copier screen, set to 10 copies and COPY. Then, I placed document B on it and COPY... to my surprise, document A was still coming out from the machine. o_O! I checked the settings and the document, everything was correctly set/placed.

This copier must be Malaysian made, I thought, because there was no brand/label. Ok, why don't I try Canon copier next to me. Oh, it's not working, so I gave Malaysian copier another try. 10 copies of document B done. I thought, maybe I've mis-pressed some buttons. Reluctantly I comforted myself.

I passed a number of wrong calls today because I cannot recognize the buttons on the keyphone. It's really weird, I'm as clueless as I was on my 1st day of work. It's alright, 1 more hour to freedom, I said...

After work, I didn't actually realize that many of my colleagues left the office earlier than me. I'm usually the most on time when it comes to swapping out. It feels creepy to be in the elevator alone at 5.05pm =_= seriously, NOBODY came in throughout the lift. When I finally reached ground floor...


Oh, today's the last day of Hungry Ghost month. Almost everybody from the building was praying at the roadside. No wonder everything seems creepy. This is actually the 3rd time I'm typing this blog because my texts just disappear everytime I attach this paper doll photo and all text alignment becomes distorted... I will do it again and again until I finish this blog! I must have mis-pressed whatever key on my keyboard again!!!!!!

Oh my, I'm surprised I can really be SO ignorant :P

Have you experienced anything spooky over the month of Hungry Ghost? Share with us...


9 comments:

George8724 said...

darling... i think u must be too paranoid liao.... or u didnt get enouf sleep le.... thats y everything didnt work out rite le... hahahaha... i have 2 real G stories... but if i have time, i will just tell u about it le. it is gonna b very long to type it here.

Mandy said...

1st story very interesting & well said. Mayb will redeem d 2nd story on Deepavali, wuhahaha!

George8724 said...

hahaaha... hardly c u online le. btw when is deepavali ar?

M said...

17 Oct 09 Hahaha! I'm online but u were too bz to notice small Mandy in your leng lui msn list.

George8724 said...

aiya... dun lah say like tat... i m using blackberry and i cant be always go to my msn there to check whether u login o not rite? u shud at least buzz me mah... to make sure i continue the 2nd part of the story mah...

M said...

Hey, don action ur blackberrylah >_< I'll redeem d 2nd story on a spooky night.. wooooo...

George8724 said...

aiya... dun lah angry lah... i hv to promote blackberry mah since im in blackberry biz le... giv chance lah

Mendi said...

No prob, so we get special package like a 'buy 1 free 1 blackberry' rite George? >:)

George8724 said...

hehehe... for u and C boleh lah... shhh.... dun tell anyone ya...