Monday, September 14, 2009

Shhhhh... shut tttsup!

I bet we all have met people who can't speak properly or were they trying to 'be' somebody. This blog is specially dedicated to people who CAN speak properly but have choosen not to.

I find one of my colleagues Mary, which seriously ANNOYS me VERY MUCH because of the way she speaks. Let me try to put it in words:

Cantonese: Chhhhor hai tttsOu lah (sit right here)

Hockkien: Chhaaap Cheeeet Lau (17th floor)

Mandarin: Wo Gang Chhhhhai Chhhhheeeeeee (I went to... just now)

Every word is full of CHHHHHHH and it's making me go mad everytime she speaks to me! Why? She has no braces on her teeth, she can pronounces 'S' (so i'm sure her tongue is long enough) and it only happens when she speaks Chinese dialects! WHY??!!

Even her English is our local Manglish. When I first met her I thought she must be like 'totally' ENGLISH educated born in the US with 0% exposure to other races other than Caucasian.

One day I heard her saying "no, no, i ming, jilo jilo fai fai" (0055) and what the heck??!!!!

She claims to have completed her SPM Bahasa Cina but she pretends that she can't read chinese! It breaks our heart to see people who masters Chinese and yet they are shy to admit it. Candy and myself are working hard to learn Chinese by ourselves because we are from Sekolah Kebangsaan instead of what people like to say "English Educated" and believe it or not, in Chinese he/she/3rd party have different ways of writing, 他 for the masculine gender and 她 for the feminine. The Chinese language is indeed amazing and I bet I'm gonna spend the rest of my life learning it but unable to master it.

And what makes those people trying to pretend not knowing how to read Chinese?! Does that help to improve their English?

Ops sodi, chhhhhaaap chhhhhheeet lau.... egg egg fai jilo chlee!

4 comments:

George8724 said...

hahahahhahahaa...... u really make me laugh like mad person lah..... ahhahaha M i think i kinda like u liao eventhough v hv not met... hahahahaha... i like the way u tease ppl although it is a lil bit sarcastic le but it is still a fact that a lotsa ppl like to pretend le... i oso dunno y. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

ahahaha~ chap chitt laO....real funny... totally agree that we spend time on how to learn, atleast basic chinese n to speak mandarin...but then, they actually don like it?? wat a waste..
when i read your post..i was like "TOTALLY OMG!!" <-- haha juz kidding...anyway.. strongly agree with u

M said...

Thank u George ;-) for ur support. At least I bring a smile to someone's face :) I js cannot tahan how ppl can b SO fake. Cannot tel them on their faces so, I tell tales lor.. haha!

Mandy said...

Thank u Anonymous. Let's hope they eventually learn how to pronounce '8' LOL!