Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Men's Best Friend

Further to Candy's posting on stray dogs being dumped in Pulau Ketam, I have a story to share >: ) (Yalah, I'm a Mat Kepolah, so many stories... right?) Anyway this is a true story brought here from my hometown.

To every one who owns a pet or who hasn’t, but planning to keep one, n for those who don’t know if he’ll own a pet one day.

10 yrs ago my neighbour moved away leaving a dog ‘Baby’. Baby wondered around our housing area for a week or two, waiting for its master to come back but it never happened; so I adopted Baby.

Another neighbour had a dog ‘Sweetie’. Sweetie had never been given proper food or hygiene n it’s always being tied up to a short chain without shelter. Who cares whether it is a rainy or sunny day?

Later, they moved away n left the poor dog. Sweetie waited in the house for many days. I fed her but it was useless, the dog's chosen not to eat and a neighbour found out Sweetie was dead one day. I believe dogs have feelings. Why do u think they are called the men’s best friend?

A new family moved into the vacant house n they had a dog ‘Pongo’. Pongo was a little fortunate than the other mentioned dogs. The dog was well trained n taken care of but when its master moved away, he was also being dumped in the house. I wanted to keep Pongo but it prefers to run around the neighbourhood so I only fed Pongo in the evening. I thought Pongo was gonna be another stray dog when the next family moves in, but an animal lover in the neighbourhood adopted Pongo. Pongo likes him I guess. I still see Pongo running across my house once a while, n sometimes pee at the side of my MPPP trash bin -_-!

A dog can be an animal, a pet, a friend, a companion. Even if we treat them so bad, dogs will never leave us. It is we, human, who’ve abandoned them. Animals have feelings, I’m surprised human don’t.

Pass the message, educate your kids, help to make everyone aware of what is happening. Neuter your pets. Animals are being abandoned everyday n the welfare societies are running out of funds to keep the animals.

No comments: