Friday, June 26, 2009

The Journey to a Great Friendship

Mandy and me seems quite inseparateable, at least in the view of our group of friends. They are always wondering if we ever did quarrel with each other, you know, about boys or even to the extend of who is more pretty. But, if they are to know what we have been through, I guess they would understand why we are such great buddies.

We were in high school together but we weren't mixing with the same group of friends. Anyway, she was always in a world of her own. No one seems to exist in her world, not even the teachers and the principal of the school. There was even a time when she was caught skipping class and her teacher end up making her sit in the middle of the field under the hot sun for the entire afternoon. That was the first time I really notice her. Well, I guess she has got the whole school's attention then...hahaha...I was thinking to myself then that this girl really had a serious attitude problem.

As if God has already make plans for us to meet. We joined the cheerleading team together when we were in Form 2. That's when we started having mutual conversations. Not really the best of friends but at least I have change my mind about her distinguish character. My best friend then, M was in the team as well. But gosh! She is TOTALLY tone deaf! And she has no sense of direction at all! Yet she loves to dance, so she insist of staying on with the team.

Mandy and me got along pretty well...we practise our routines together and participate in a number of competitions. Boy! Don't we had a hard time practising our splits and cartwheel. Hahaha....but it was all worth it end of the day. Me and Mandy even started skipping class together. Both of us were from different classes so we made plans to meet each other at a certain time to loiter in a empty classroom. We will then gossip like nobody's business til end of school day. You can imagine how bad our grades were, thanks to too much loitering and gossiping...hahaha...And when time to bring back our report cards? Oh-oh....Hmmm....no worries, we will transform ourselves into parents and signed the report cards on behalf of our parents. ;-)

My relationship with M started to drift apart soon after I found out that she is gossiping about me behind my back...what about? I wouldn't even want to mention it again. And she even have the guts to think that I have the intention of stealing her boyfriend away from her. So, the guy dump you, does that make me a criminal? I won't even go for her guy even if he is the last human on earth! And this is what you expect from a best friend. What a buddy she was then!

I started to ignore M after that and hang out with Mandy more often. We will go shopping together on weekends, dine together and gossip for hours on the phone til the phone bils rocketed sky high...hahaha...One thing I like being with Mandy is she always know when is the right time to speak up and when to leave me alone. She make it clear that if I feel like talking, she will always be there for me. I jus need to pick up the phone and dial the number...Oww...so sweet, isn't she? Thanks, Mandy - for standing by me during the bad times. :-)

Mandy was with me when I split-up with my first love. She is the only one who knows how heart broken I am. Without hesistation, she drive herself all the way to my house (bear in mind that we were living quite far away from each other back in our hometown). She was standing at my gate in no time. She sat with me without a word. Just by her present, she makes me feel that it was not the end of the world.

When I first decide to come study in Penang, I was quite reluctant. After all, I do not know anybody here and I take quite a while to warm up with people. Coming here alone is more like a nightmare to me. I expressed my concern to Mandy one night when she was sleeping over at my house. The next day, she called to inform me that she had manage to convince her parents to let her join me to come study in Penang. I could not thank her enough for being such a GREAT GREAT Buddy to me.

To be continue....

6 comments:

MandyO said...

Very touching Can, but let me clarify that there are ppl in my worldlah, js tht i don show it on my face >:) best friend can 'sum chew' ma...

George8724 said...

jesus christ.... u gals talk like lovers lah... :)

Candy Gal said...

Hmmm...we gals are not shy to express our feelings, what about u guys? Spill it out! We sure like to hear about it. ;-)

Mandy said...

Oh George, don spoil my market, I'm straight -_-''

George8724 said...

C: v guys do share le but not all guys lah...

M: aiya i didnt say u r L mah... u so perasan lah wei... :)

Md said...

Candy.. where's part 2, I'm still waiting for more compliments ^_^ wuahaha!