Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Man..dy?


I was home over the weekend n my father surprised me with a new writing table in my room that he made. I was happy to receive the gift. It's nothing exclusive but it's the thought that counts. It's an ordinary wall mounted table which I designed.. or let's not make it sound so professional. I simply scribbled on a paper during the Raya weekend because I was bored with my table.

I'm so used to the fact that my father can fix / make almost anything, we seldom pay the professionals to do it. He is not a carpenter, he could build me a table, my extra ordinary large shoe rack, he's not a plumber, he could fix a tap, the toilet, the sink, he's not a wireman but he concealed my phone, internet cables in my room within an hour. What else he cannot do? :) Not trying to boast about my dad but Candy's dad can build a fish pond, fix the automatic gate, infact her dad can build more things!

Then I recall a guy which I dated, Danny, a 6 ft tall guy. You know, every girl wants to have a tall boyfriend who can protect them but unfortunately being tall is not enough. There's once, the tap in our apartment burst. Candy n I took turns to mop the floor because the water just couldn't stop and the plumber was on strike. Danny came by but he couldn't fix. Our fathers could easily fix it but WOW :O he could't? Okay, Candy's boyfriend came, he was a student but he fixed it. Good, he's the man!

That guy just don't know how to fix anything! Tap leak = don't know / a new dvd player = don't know how to connect / my lighting bulb is not working, he suggest that I change the bulb when it was the starter that spoilt (come'on, I also know). Being with him makes me feel helpless. Anyway, he was also a mommy's boy which was the main reason it all ended.

Candy says I'm gonna be lonely n grow old alone because I behave like a spinster, LOL. I'm starting to worry.. Am I going to spend my whole life alone because I can take care of such small things or simply with a man who cannot make me feel secure? Simple wiring call electrician, tap leak call plumber, car puncture call tyre shop? I mean, he has to be a millionaire to make those calls every minute! We all need a partner to be there for, to talk to, to cuddle, to love, to be loved but hey, is there a class / workshop that can make Danny tougher? You need not be a Master of All Trades but at least know abit? Can? Pls? Or else Mandy's gonna be so lonely because she knows how to change a bulb, stop a leak, CALL a plumber, CALL a wireman, CALL a fireman, policeman..

I know Danny's reading my blog.. I hate your stepmom, Dan! Kill her and I'll do all the plumbing, LOL!

5 comments:

George8724 said...

aisheh dun lah expect too much le nowadays.... most of the youngsters now they dun really know how to do all these stuffs and i m not surprise lo. even 1 of my friend which is a guy doesnt know how to change tyre and he called me up in the middle of the nite to go to kl city to change for him.... i oso pengsan.....

Candy and Mandy said...

George, u'r a precious gem stone! I doubt any of d guys in my class can change a tyre -_-#

George8724 said...

walao... dun lah say like tat... changing tyre is common know how for most of the guys lah.... so i m sure a lot of the guys in ur class will know how to change wan...

Candy and Mandy said...

Unfortunately I met a few who cannot. Wat's wrong with them?

George8724 said...

err... tooo well pampered kua...